Tuesday, January 26, 2010

And in other news...

This became a comment on this wonderful space but I thought I'd make it a post all on its own, taking off from where this post left off. I am one of those long suffering, child-bearing aged women who is at the receiving end of the typical G.M. I found some seriously politically incorrect ways of dealing with situations.

Few examples.
While on my walk in the neighbourhood. G.M. Pointedly ignoring I am plugged in, which means I am discouraging conversation.
G.M.: You know what Dorkeshwar Kumar did the other day? He went on and on colouring our living room walls with beetroot sticks. I think I am going to send him to the school for the gifted.
Me: Okay. Poor baby at least something to make up for the fact that he can't walk.
G.M. Can't walk? He is running all the time.
Me: Oh! I thought he sits in that (stroller) because something's wrong with his legs or coordination.
-------------------

In the park close to home.
GM2: You know what Cranketina Cluelss did the other day? She came to my room wearing my heels. Chooooooo chweet.
Me (Gagging from too much *sigh* chweet): Oh good, she's practicing already. Don't forget to tell her when she grows up that good things come in short packages ok?
------------
To be fair to me, GM2 is about four feet fuck all. And her husband is a centimeter taller than her.
Needless to say, I have no friends where I live.

8 comments:

  1. Hahaaa. Evil, evil ;) Also, love the name Cranketina Clueless. In fact when I hear what some parents named their kids (subjecting them to a lifetime of humiliation), I think they might as well have called their kids something like this. Would have been sassy at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Visitor. Did you notice how many blogs she has? All of which are dead I think. But interestingly, all of them are a collection of other blogs. I wonder about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy Balan (like Judy Garland), names like what, I am curious to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah there's somethimg very sexy about the name Judy. Often fantasized about dating a girl named Judy.

    @Miss Balan: In case you're wondering, yes that's a hint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL @ Swb: You have 60s fantasies eh? ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. the 60's baby, the 60's ... that's when it was all happening. we missed it by a couple of decades ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I am so glad this place has become a "Meet a prospective The One" kinda place.

    Oh, well, at least my comment count has gone up.

    ReplyDelete